Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Garden Is Done.... Maybe...

Well, it's been a lot of work but I got my garden pretty well in in under a week.  I usually take my time and take three to four weeks to get it all in, but since spring didn't arrive until June 4th this year, I was under some pressure!  I'm still searching for two very particular peppers - paprika and orange bell -- but other than that all veggies are present and accounted for!  I'll still be putting canna lilies around the upper garden, so I'm only psuedo-done.  Sigh.  Still, that's a lot better than last week!

Both gardens.  Those little green specks are plants!

The upper garden.  Beans, corn, pie pumpkins, lumina pumpkins, tomatos, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, eggplant, carrots, watermelon, cantaloupe, okra and peas.

The lower garden.  Onions, thyme, oregano, cilantro, basil, garlic, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, gladiolas and canna lilies.

Why so many canna lilies?  Well, first off, they are an incredibly beautiful flower.  Secondly, the deer hate 'em!  Seriously, I ring the gardens with them and after the plants hit about 9" high the deer pretty well don't come in!  Around here, that's enough to love cannas even if they weren't gorgeous.  But I'll post some pictures when they bloom.  You'll see what a good deal they are!

On a totally different note, Father's day is just over a week away.  I wanted to share a beautiful mosaic Father's Day box created by one of my etsian friends, Second Look Mosaics.  It is incredible!
It's definitely worth a look. 

Have a great evening everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment