Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm Getting Excited!!

And why, you ask?  Here's the answer!
Carrots

Cucumbers

Okra

Peppers

Tomatos

Pumpkins

Beans and Corn

Blackberries

Oregano, Thyme, Basil, Cilantro

and Canna lilies!!  Plus, last but not least,

Strawberries!  In fact,



definitely not least!  A little bit of heaven in my mouth - I don't care where you get them, strawberries are always best right from your own garden.

Directly related to that, I don't often buy something simply because I fall in love with it, but a couple of weeks ago I did just that.  I added a new strawberry plant into my already well established patch.  It's a new breed called I believe ABZ, and it's supposed to have delicious fruit.  But the reason I fell in love with it?  Well, see for yourself!
I'm wondering if it will cross pollinate and I'll end up with lots of light pink flowers.  Okay, I'm hoping!

The outdoors is a wonderful thing.  Find an excuse to go out and play today and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment