Thursday, February 9, 2012

Farewell to Artfire

As of today, I no longer have an Artfire shop. It's a sad thing and a happy thing. I had such high hopes for Artfire, but it never really worked for me. It started out looking like it was going to be everything I wanted, but each change they made took it farther and farther from that ideal. As of right now, they are raising the prices on a glitchy site where the sellers or their buyers are blamed for the problems, promises are made and not kept, a hostile environment rules in the forums and views and sales pretty much disappeared last August. It's a sad thing because I really wanted Artfire to be a success, and it never will be, at least for me.

It's also a happy thing, because now I'm not splitting my time between Artfire and my Etsy shop. I can concentrate on one shop and try to do the best there I can. I am feeling creative again and have worked up several test pieces of bead crochet patterns this week, and will be listing new bracelets with them next week in my Etsy shop.

And, best of all, the one truly good thing I got from Artfire was a great group of people to associate with. They're all with me at Etsy - I get to keep them!

Come check out my new and improved Etsy shop at www.lanmom.etsy.com. I'd love to have you come check in!

No comments:

Post a Comment